Schedule wall layers with materials and thicknesses (widths) in Revit®.
Here’s the short video instructions on how to get it to work:
It works with all layered categories in Revit.
Description and features
Add-in analyses all layered structures in Revit® project, looking for material names and layer widths (thicknesses). Materials, widths, and material layers with widths are written into multi-line Type parameters of all six layered categories (Ceilings, Floors, Site > Pads, Roofs, Structural Foundations and Walls).
These parameters can be used to show in tags and schedules.
Main add-in features:
- Tree structure displays all layered structure types, materials and widths (thicknesses), showing:
- Red color shows missing materials (<By Category> )
- Core layers are underlined
- Structural materials are bold and blue (or bold red if the material is missing)
- Units can be set: millimeters, centimeters, decimeters, meters, decimal inches and decimal feet
- Unit format can be set: number of decimals and trailing zeros
New in version 1.2. (June 11th, 2023):
- Application works with all Revit® versions from Revit® 2016 to Revit® 2021. Application no longer support older than Revit® 2016 versions.
- To run the add-in, you must be connected to the internet.
- User interface is simplified and improved with additional buttons.
DISCLAIMER: The software add-in is safe and made with best intentions. Author tested the add-in on his system but there are no guaranties it will work on your system, nor can be responsible for potential damage. Please test the add-in on non-critical project first.