Schedule wall layers with materials and thicknesses (widths) in Revit … I could not wait anymore for Autodesk so I solve it this weekend by myself.
Here’s the short video instructions on how to get it to work:
It works with all layered categories in Revit. Of course.
You can use mine shared parameters files, or you can create your own.
Description and features
Add-in analyses all layered structures in Revit project, looking for material names and layer widths (thicknesses). Materials, widths, and material layers with widths can be written into multiline Type parameters of all six layered categories (Ceilings, Floors, Site > Pads, Roofs, Structural Foundations and Walls).
These parameters can be used to show in tags and schedules.
- Tree structure displays all layered structure types, materials and widths (thicknesses), showing:
- Red color shows missing materials (<By Category> )
- Core layers are underlined
- Structural materials are bold and blue (or bold red if the material is missing)
- Units can be set: millimeters, centimeters, decimeters, meters, decimal inches and decimal feet
- Unit format can be set: number of decimals and trailing zeros
DISCLAIMER: The software add-in is safe and made with best intentions. Author tested the add-in on his system but there are no guaranties it will work on your system, nor can be responsible for potential damage. Please test the add-in on non-critical project first.
If needed, you can always delete the pluging from %appdata%\Autodesk\Revit\Addins\**your revit version number** folder(s).